What if I am self employed?

You will need to supply our independent referencing company with at least 2 years certified accounts from your accountant/auditor OR three years worth of tax returns confirming your income. If you are in a position where this is not possible then a guarantor may be required.

What if I am retired?

You will need to provide proof of your pension. A guarantor may be required

Do you have properties available for short term letting?

The minimum term let we can provide is 6 months.

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is usually paid weekly or monthly by standing order from your bank. Your rent will be due on the date of the month that you began your tenancy.

Who pays the council tax and other bills?

Tenants are liable for all bills relating to the occupancy of the property such as gas, electricity, water, private sewage systems, council tax, TV licensing, telephone and broadband etc.

Is my deposit protected?

From 6th April 2007, all deposits paid to a landlord or agent an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement in England and Wales, must be protected by a Government authorised Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Optima protects all new deposits received with The Dispute Service.

What do I need to rent a property from you?

We strive to obtain the best possible Tenants for our Landlords so we will expect you to be able to supply the following information: Proof of ID and last 3 years addresses, Bank statements, most recent 3 payslips. We will also expect you to comply with our reference procedure which means we will contact your previous and existing Landlord and Employer.

What is a Guarantor?

If your references are low scoring for any reason you may require a Guarantor to support your tenancy. A guarantor needs to be able to be in a financial position to pay your rent if you are not able to. We will also reference your Guarantor.

Do you accept Local Housing Allowance Tenants?

Yes - some of our landlords are happy to accept tenants in receipt of Local Housing Allowance subject to satisfactory references and with a Guarantor.

Am I allowed Pets?

Not unless agreed in advance. Some buildings have restrictions or are simply unsuitable. We will require details of any pets from the initial application.

Do I need contents insurance?

Yes! Insurance of your belongings and contents is your responsibility. The Landlord must insure the building. Optima are able to help you with this so please speak to a member of staff.

What does joint and several mean?

This means that when more than one person is on the Tenancy Agreement they are each responsible for complying with the Tenancy Agreement both individually and together.

If I have any problems during my tenancy who do I contact?

If Optima are the managing Agent then please email your enquiry to your local branch in the first instance or use the "Report a Fault" screen on this website. Alternatively call your local office. If your property is not managed by Optima please contact your landlord directly.

Your privacy and our use of cookies

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. You can change your cookie settings at any time but parts of our site will not function correctly without them. Read more about cookies and learn how to disable them.

Read more about cookies and learn how to disable them.

Mortgage Appointment